How To Embed A Presentation
For those of you who have not yet signed up, my email blog idea for this week is to embed a presentation into a blog post. Preferably an existing one, saving you time and perhaps filling a hole in your blog schedule. That said creating presentations specifically as part of your content marketing strategy is a great idea, giving you additional material to target customers with, and reach new audiences.
Upload Your Presentations On Slideshare
Slideshare is a slide hosting site owned by LinkedIn. As well as presentations you can also upload infographics, documents and videos to the site and share them publicly or privately. Those that are shared publicly can be picked up by search engines, so if properly optimised for SEO you can reach new audiences in this way.
Once uploaded to the site, it’s simple to embed your uploaded presentations into a blog post, webpage, or even sidebar on your site using the embed code Slideshare generates for you:
How to embed a presentation in your blog
- Create a Slideshare account (if you do this using your LinkedIn profile you can also add your slideshares directly to your LinkedIn profile,
- Upload your presentation and choose a category for it,
- Add a description including any relevant keywords,
- Add further keywords in the tags field and publish,
- Slideshare will automatically give you the embed code for your presentation. However if you wish to retrieve the code later, from an old presentation or from someone else’s, click on the presentation and then on the ‘<>’ symbol on the bottom navigation to get the code.
Here’s a presentation I created earlier. This presentation is based on a blog post I wrote a few weeks ago. I’ve condensed the original post into key elements and bullet points, illustrated it with a few images and published. This repurposing of content lends itself particularly well to subjects that you might want to revisit several times, those that are the core of your business, and list style posts.